lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:ace1886"

74 forum posts
Game analysis - Domination#2

This looks drawn with best play from both sides. Is there something else hidden in the position?

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Are the Caro-Kann and main line Slav good for a repertoire? #1

I started playing the Caro-Kann a few years back, and found it to be a great opening that offered dynamic counterplay without much risk. I was looking for an opening as black to meet 1.d4, so I settle…

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Stockfish can't solve quick mate! Can you? #1

Have fun! :) https://lichess.org/analysis/5bqn/p1PPprkn/4Pprb/5Pp1/6Pp/7P/3K4/8_w_-_-

ace1886
Game analysis - Caro-Kann Opposite Sides Castling#10

@FunnyAnimatorJimTV Black shouldn't castle queenside if they have provoked the c pawn to c4 with the maneuver Qa5+ and Bb4. If you want to castle queenside, play 11...Qa5+, 12. Bd2, Qc7. When black ca…

ace1886
Game analysis - Caro-Kann Opposite Sides Castling#3

If you plan on opposite side castling, then the maneuver 11...Qa5+ 12. Bd2 Bb4 13. c3 Be7 14. c4 Qc7 is necessary to get enough counter play from the move b5. The difference between this variation and…

ace1886
Game analysis - London system position#10

I play 2.Bf4 instead of 2.Nf3, so I don't have to deal with Ba6 'traps' as often, but as a recommendation, I would always develop your LSB last. For example, instead of playing 6.Be2, you could have g…

ace1886
Lichess Feedback - Taceback Bug?#2

If two moves have passed, then you need to request two takebacks.

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Chess trap.#9

The only trap I can think of that would be similar is this https://lichess.org/analysis/rnbqk2r/pp3ppp/2p1p3/3p4/1bPPn3/1PN2N2/P2QPPPP/R1B1KB1R_w_KQkq_- Of course this requires bad play from white, bu…

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Silman's 3 Books --- will it help me cross 2000 OTB rating#10

@tpr I will admit that the only Silman book I have is the Complete Endgame Course, so I'm not qualified to talk about Silman on whether or not he is for beginners, but I found that the Complete Endgam…

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Silman's 3 Books --- will it help me cross 2000 OTB rating#7

"Jeremy Silman is rated 2383 only i.e. merely 383 above your aim. I would rather recommend books by grandmasters; e.g. Gary Kasparov." @tpr This is horrible advice. You're incorrectly correlating a pl…

ace1886