lichess.org
Donate

Naka can never make it to be WC

I agree Jonesmh ... Naka getting the shaft cause what... he never has gotten wc title? If you think about it... he actually is one of the more enterprising players who has completely changed around the way he plays in the hopes of improving his over all performance.
Guide to unintelligent chess commentary on forums.
For a player A:

1) If A == WC: Player A is a paper WC, he is over the hill, historical player X was much stronger, player A only win due to prep/endgame play etc. etc.
2) else if A == Player who won last super tournament: Wow! Player A is for sure gonna win the candidates & dethrone Magnus!
3) else if A == other top-20 player: Player A sucks and will never become WC because X
4) else if A == Woman GM: I am a ~1700 occasional engine cheater and I shall now for the 117th time provide a learned discourse of why A is not really very good at chess and how this can be regarded as proof of how women in general are poor at chess.
Take Vladimer Kramnik. He loses 2 games early on at the Isle of Man. 1st round to Fabi, then to James Tarjan (Bravo!). What does he do? Finishes with six wins. Now that's fighting chess !

I do not claim to know Hikaru. I'm sure he's a great guy outside of chess. Only making the observation that the fighting spirit he so well displays in bullet/blitz does not seem to exist in his games at standard time controls. He had an opportunity to win the event, score a point vs. the World Champion. As a chess fan it was disappointing.

I defend professional chess players in their pursuits. I rarely complain about draw results. They make a living in the best manner available. If Hikaru wants the World Championship, he needs to step up, not his chess skills, but his chess spirit at standard time controls. He appears to take losses badly. Possibly he's overly concerned with his "image" and maintaining corporate sponsorship.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.