lichess.org
Donate

Why does a 1300-1400 chess.com player feel stronger than a 1700 lichess player?

I also have an account at chess.com and my ranking for Blitz is near 1100, while it is aproximately 1450 at lichess.org. In my opinion it is related with the pool of players, since on chess.com the "population" is almost twice bigger than here.
Please excuse my poor English ;-)
Ok guys, I can't hold it in 😀 Lichess is not inflated, neither is chess.com. Skill is skill. NM is 2200 elo otb, if you are 2200 in chess.com you can beat NM azz, if you are 2200 in lichess you can beat NM azz. I know, because I am and I can. Stop comparing different chess sites, a good player is good everywhere.

I was 2400 bullet at chess.com and 2100+ blitz there. But that site sucks and my true love is classical chess, which I found again on this site. Let's play the game and enjoy it, ok?
Yes, skill is skill, but skill is measured using a rating system over some population. A rating from one population can not be directly compared to a rating from another population. A 1500 rated player here is not a 1500 player on chess.com is not a 1500 rated fide player.

But this is definitely something that should be discussed, because many people want to know how they would do in a different population of chess players or against a specific person.
Me i played here i beated a 1800 easily and i dont talk about the others whos under. But 😅 on chess.com on blitz im 1000. Since 1 year, i try to up but it is not possible. Not because the level is amazing, but because im disconnected 50 % time. Cheaters who play same strategy all time with the queen and pawn at the begining, then when i block it, im disconnected and i loose with time.

But generally, im surprised to see the level on this site chess.com. You play a rank 1000, the guy know all traps, fight for control middle etc. And play fast. We cant call it beginners.

Seriously can you tell me (aproximatly) what ids the fide level of an 1300 at chess.com for example?
@Di-Caprio I wouldn't say you beat an 1800 easily. In the game you are referring to you were massively losing for the majority of the time, except that your opponent made two horrible blunders at the end, the first of which you didn't even capitalize on. I mean, he had a 161 Average Centipawn Loss, and yours wasn't much better. Clearly his best foot wasn't forward.

Casual games are not the way to gauge someone's strength. Oftentimes, high rated players play casually because something is preventing them from playing at their full strength. If you really want to see the difficulty of an 1800 on lichess.org, play one in a rated game, and please, post the result here. Even better, I will gladly play you if you challenge me. Currently you are provisionally rated, so you should play more rated games so that your actual level of play is represented, and you can more effectively compare it to your Chess.com rating to figure the ratio.
Ok, im not the only user here, the loose are from my friend who beging ☺. It could be cool to play you. What is for fide? For idea

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.